The Nomination and Corporate Governance Committee of the board of directors of the Company shall consist of a minimum of 3 directors. The purpose of the committee shall be to assist the board in identifying qualified individuals to become board members, in determining the composition of the board of directors and its committees, in monitoring a process to assess board effectiveness and in developing and implementing the company’s corporate governance guidelines.
In furtherance of this purpose, the committee shall have the following authority and responsibilities:
- To lead the search for individuals, executives, non-executives and independent directors qualified to become members of the board of directors and to select director nominees to be presented for shareholders approval at the annual meeting. The committee shall select individuals as director nominees who shall have the highest personal and professional integrity, who shall have demonstrated exceptional ability and judgment and who shall be most effective, in conjunction with the other nominees of the board, in collectively serving the long-term interests of the shareholders.
- To review the board of directors’ committee structure and to recommend to the board for its approval, directors to serve as members of each committee.
- To develop and recommend to the board of directors for its approval a set of corporate governance guidelines. The committee shall review the guidelines on an annual basis, or more frequently if appropriate, and recommend changes as necessary.
- To develop and recommend to the board of directors for its approval an annual self-evaluation process of the board and its committees. The committee shall oversee the annual self-evaluations.
- To review on an annual basis director compensation and benefits.
The committee shall have the authority to delegate any of its responsibilities to subcommittees as the committee may deem appropriate in its sole discretion.
The committee shall report its actions and recommendations to the board after each committee meeting and shall conduct and present to the board an annual performance evaluation of the committee. The committee shall review at least annually the adequacy of this charter and recommend any proposed changes to the board for approval.